Monday, May 19, 2008

The information junkie considers goats

First, I must confess that I am an information junkie. I collect information like a pack rat. When I'm stressed, I collect information frenetically. Not necessarily information that pertains to the issue at hand. Any and all information will do. Some odd detail about issues facing Andean potato farmers? I'm all over it. My wonderful psychologist suggested that, when stressed, I NOT listen to NPR.

So you can imagine what I'm like when considering a new venture.

Like, um, keeping goats.

You see, the brush is growing back. And there were areas that the goats couldn't get to because the ground was wet etc. And they are really, really nice animals. I was talking to Butterfly Woman yesterday, and she's thinking the same thing. Maybe we could go in together on a pair of goats. They have an old dog run on their property that could be the basis of a goat shed... hmmm...

So this morning the information junky was sitting in front of her computer, thinking about goats, and found the most wonderful site: Fias Co Farm. Excellent, practical information on goat care. And I'm definitely going to get some of the herbals they sell.

I've been planning to write "The information junkie considers chickens" for weeks now. I'll let you know how I organize the information (all on my computer; the last thing I need is more paper around the house!) And I'll give you a more complete list of links than the short list in the sidebar. Keep an eye out for it!

No comments: